Friday 27 April 2018

Mixed media: bubbling champagne

Someone rightly said .. " To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong"

It was this fear that kept me away from blogging my work for so long ..

But... I figured that it was high time to let go of this .. and concentrate on creating the best that I can. For craft, and learning is a never ending road and journey. There is never a time when you stop and say that I've learned enough.

Creative inspiration comes to us from every side.. One such inspiration for me is #Finnabair.
My idol. I simply love her work and thanks to Shalini Mittal's crafty feast .. I got to learn from the master herself.. Anna Dabrowska.

So.. I made this piece using all Finnabair products... and it's surprising what beautiful effects Metallique paints and waxes can have on your work.




The concept of an engagement being celebrated, but not in traditional colors. Life being lived but yet in their own values and beliefs . Bubbling champagne representing love and dreams and hopes ...  Hence the wings on various bubbles.

Mixed media is like magic waiting to happen ... three dimensional and Oh! so amazing ....

The whole canvas was first painted using black Gesso,
I added  embellishments and champagne glasses and various other bits and pieces,
I also used bubble wrap and straws to give it a little more interest. It was all glued down with the Heavy body gel and left overnight to dry.

I then proceeded to cover the whole thing with another layer of black Gesso.

My last step was to add final accents and contrast to my project... For this I used Acrylic spark paints in Raven black and Dragon's eye and the final touches came with Art alchemy Metallique wax in Aged Brass and Antique brilliance in Red Amber.
It was Amazing to see how the beautiful colors and shades showed up on the black Gesso.

I simply love my new mediums, paints and waxes…. The results were quite fascinating :)

would love to hear your thoughts :),
happy crafting till then :)

lots of love:)
Vrinda








No comments:

Post a Comment